Ceramic and Composite Materials
The Ceramic and Composite Materials group (CERA) works on the different aspects of the Science and Technology of Ceramic Materials, balancing fundamental and applied research. On 1st September 2013, the group comprised 50 members (15 researchers and research professors including 9 Habilitation) working on 4 topics based on research activities relevant to the laboratory.
- Ceramics and nanostructure composites - multifonctional (head V. Garnier)
- Thermo-structural composites for aerospace industries (head P. raynaud)
- Ceramics and Composites destined for the Biomedical sector (head L. Grémillard)
- Mineral and Organic-mineral materials for use in the construction industry (head G. Foray)
- Formatting - Choice of materials (head Y. Jorand)
- Microstructural characterisation (head L. Joly-Pottuz)
- Performance (head S. Meille)
Our approach is integrated as we pass from studying microstructural evolution (during the formatting, consolidation and implementation stages) to characterising the final properties (mainly mechanical).